General Plan of Action
REDISTRIBUTE RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEADERSHIP ROLES
- Transfer responsibility from a few selected individuals and redistribute them to more members of the committee
- Provide more opportunities for members to become head projects and departments. These added leadership roles will train more capable leaders needed for the future of the organization
- Specific and clear roles for each individual to concentrate on for the semester
CREATE AND CAPITALIZE
- Create new events that are fresh, different and on-trend
- Be attentive and be the FIRST to respond to these ongoing trends and those that have a potentially large, untapped market.
- Capitalize on the success of past Finance and EcoSoc events (eg. Foodgasm, EcoSoc Bingo); Expand their reach further and improve their over-all appeal
DIVIDE THE FINANCE DEPARTMENTS INTO: A/R and Documentation, Small-Scale Sales Efforts and Large-Scale Sales Efforts
- A/R and Documentation: tasked to create efficient and innovative systems of A/R collection; collecting, organizing, compiling and documenting all receipts from committees and preparing periodic financial reports for transparency
- Small-scale Sales Efforts: tasked to create sales efforts that are small in scale, internal in focus yet numerous and spread throughout the semester; Will cater to the internal opportunities that will present itself and meet their demands; Will encourage members to generate new fund-raising ideas and serve as vehicles to test their effectiveness, profitability and possible upgrade to a larger event
- Large-scale Sales Efforts: tasked to create 1-2 fundraising events that are sure to generate PHP 30,000-50,000 each; Come up with one new event that may be in line with the Holiday Season (November/December 2012) and take Foodgasm to the next level (February/March 2013)
Foodgasm part II: A BIGGER BETTER FOOD-TASTING EXPERIENCE
- A BIGGER SPACE that can accommodate MORE FOOD STALLS that provide a WIDER VARIETY OF FOOD CHOICES and cater to WIDER FOOD PREFERENCES that will attract MORE KINDS OF PEOPLE to the event.
- Provide OTHER INTERESTING ACTIVITIES that can be enjoyed in the event so that there is SOMETHING FOR EVERYBODY which will make it EASIER TO MARKET TO A WIDER VARIETY OF COMPANIES AND ORGANIZATIONS.