I envision a Special Events Committee focused on the well-being of the members, and applicants alike. This being said, my hope is that SPEV will be able to bring about a sense of camaraderie to the entire organization, breaking, or traversing the different cliques and stereotypes that hinder the organization from maximizing its full potential.
i. Organized and Proper Delegation of Tasks
- Members will be divided into teams with one point person. This ensures a smoother flow of information and more effective dissemination of information.
ii. Invest in the Relationship among Members
- For a more effiecient performance, it helps that the members are bonded. The bond that they share, often becomes the factor that creates great results.
- As a chairperson, I aim to foster a sense of home and belongingness to the Special Events Committee by these mini activities:
- Committee Lunch Outs
- Committee Bondings outside school
i. Improve Existing Events
- Scavenger Hunt will be one week long with one culminating activity at the end of tambay week.
- Competitions every afternoon during tambay week to promote the tambay week and the Scavenger Hunt as well. These competitions will determine the winners of incentives.
- Tambay Week will be engaging.
- Creating a reason for people to tambay will be the main concern of SPEV.
- Activities will be centered more on building relationships with membera and applicants and not just competition.
ii. Create New Events
- Mem’s Cook Out/BBQ night: Members get to relax and enjoy the company of each other without the tension of a competition preceeding it. This is an effort to make the members bond with people from other committees, unlike Vice Night or ScavHunt and Treasure Hunt.
- Fundraisers that are fresh and new.
- E.g. Video Spoofing Contests